Friday, March 7, 2008

And I Would Be Remiss If I Didn't Mention Phil Rizzuto Since He Died Recently


...and now you don't.
One of the great things about New York is its many unique neighborhoods and communities. I hope one day to know the entire (safe part of the) City like the back of my hand.

Today business took me to Ridgewood, a historically German community in Queens, a neighborhood that borders Maspeth, Middle Village, Glendale, and Bushwick in Brooklyn.

Hardly any of the buildings are more than three stories high, and there are single-family row houses everywhere with much charm.

My favorite piece of trivia is that famed magician Harry Houdini lived in Ridgewood, and he is buried in nearby Machpelah Cemetery....

...or is he?

1 comment:

Tommy Salami said...

Holy cow I think he didn't make it.

I need to visit Houdini's grave sometime.