Sunday, February 24, 2008

Really? We're Doing THIS?


The only place this could be worse is in a courtroom.
I went to see Juno for the second time yesterday with some folks who hadn't seen it. Sure enough, the entire audience enjoyed the movie, and at the end, the audience gave it a standing ovation.

Gay.

That was only the second time in my life I've seen this. The first time was May 19, 1999, when Capitain Marc and I saw Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace at Tinseltown in West Monroe on opening night. The nerds applauded at the beginning of the movie.

I guess it's better to applaud at the end of Juno than at the beginning of Episode I, but still, what audience collectively decides to ovate a projection screen?

1 comment:

Tommy Salami said...

I liked the movie, but I can't stand people who applaud at movies. Unless it's a premiere or something. I guess people like to pretend they're at Cannes.