Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meet the Spartans


Even the actors were distracted when insertion occurred.
Meet the Spartans is the worst movie of its kind. And its kind it the worst kind, sadly. I'm sad to say that it took me until I was xxvii to get it, but there are no jokes in movies like this--just references to current events and recent movies. I guess we're supposed to be fooled into thinking that these references are jokes because Hollywood has this crazy idea that the following are inherently funny:
  • Kevin Sorbo
  • Anachronistic use of cell phones in ancient times
  • Carmen Electra (but kudos to CE for knowing her place and not trying to do anything intelligent)
  • The cast of The Drew Carey Show
Meet the Spartans actually was an amazing experience, though. There were only four people in the theater: me, my lover, and a young couple down in front. During half the movie, the young couple down in front were deep in the throes of what appeared to be coitus.

I want to see Meet the Spartans again.

No comments: