Thursday, January 17, 2008

Parental Supremacy


xl years too soon.
I was walking around Park Slope recently, and I saw a lot of babies. It then dawned on me: I don't hate children. In fact, none of us truly hates children. Not a single one of us.

We hate their parents, and with good cause.

It is perfectly natural for a parent to see his or her child and think that he or she has the best child in the world. What happens next is that the parent, unfortunately, puts ii and ii together and thinks to him- or herself, "If I have the best child in the world, and I made that child, then I must be the best person in the world."

The Ku Klux Klan, people involved with Shreveport's Evangel Christian Academy, and the average parent. There's nothing in this world worse than people who think they're better than everyone else.

No comments: