Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hopefully This Is the Beginning of a New Musical Revolution

Last night I went to a lounge on the Lower East Side to check out a bluegrass band called The Lonesome Trio (and another called All Night Cookin'). It was cool to find out that the guitarist was Ed Helms of The Daily Show and The Office. I assume that every out-of-work-because-of-the-writers'-strike actor in the world is in a bluegrass band, so keep up the good not work, writers!

While it was good to take a picture of my friends with Helms (and the bassist, who is not Conan O'Brien),



and then an even better picture taken with me and him,



there was nothing that compared my meeting legendary banjoist and founder of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, John McEuen:



I'd sell my soul to the mother of Satan to have hair like that at the age of lxi.

No comments: