Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Zanzibari Birthday


Scares the honey piss out of me.
Do you ever get up too fast, and you almost pass out, and you kind of see stars? When I got up this morning after lxxxix minutes of sleep, I got up so fast that I saw the fireworks from the opening sequence of The Honeymooners, and just before the disembodied head of Jackie Gleason appeared in a near-terrestrial moon, threatening to physically transport me to the real moon via domestic abuse, I fell down and hit the snooze button.

There are no known pictures of this man in his birthday suit. Sorry, ladies.

Happy Birthday, Farrokh Bulsara. You would have been lxi today. Here are my top xiv favorite tunes penned by Freddie Mercury:
i"The March of the Black Queen"
ii"Liar"
iii
"Bohemian Rhapsody"
iv
"My Melancholy Blues"
v
"The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke"
vi
"Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon"
vii
"Ogre Battle"
viii
"The Millionaire Waltz"
ix
"Great King Rat"
x
"Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to..."
xi
"Killer Queen"
xii
"In the Lap of the Gods...Revisited"
xiii
"Don't Stop Me Now"
xiv
"Life Is Real (Song for Lennon)"

Today is the first time in eleven years that I did not paint the fingernails on my left hand black in honor of the greatest vocalist in the histor of the Power of Rock. Much now has died.
Black on, black on every fingernail and toe; we've only begun
-"The March of the Black Queen"

No comments: