Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pepsi Jazz


Good. Yes, good.
I was on the way home last night. When the dream came, I held my breath with my eyes closed. I went insane like a smoke ring day when the wind blows. Now I won't be back till later on, if I do come back at all.

Sorry about the obscure Buffalo Springfield reference. No more.

Before I got home, I called Uyetake, who used to live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The lights turned on and the curtain fell down, and when it was over it felt like a dream.

Ok, seriously. No more. And by "no more," I mean "one more" because comedy of threes is king.

So Uyetake asked me, "You used to live in Louisiana. Why did you leave?" I said, "Go away to stay. Get out of my life. You've been my wife. I've been a Jew."

And, there.

I dropped into a grocery store and bought a bottle of Pepsi Jazz Caramel Cream zero-calorie soda. I bought it as if it were a dare, like if I saw a chewed-up stick of gum with a bloody dead rat and a few maggots attached to it, and somebody dared me to eat it.

Well, I tried it, and it was good. And since there are no calories in it, I am still thin.

No comments: