Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Velvet Colonel Adam Wilson


Still in the wrapper, Baton Rouge, 6/2/06
The velvet Elvis has now entered Brooklyn for the first time. I can't tell you how nervous I get taking that damn thing on the subway. It's like, it's one thing to have my body groped on the subway, but it is absolute torture for my Elvis to be groped. See, I take care of my Elvis the right way; it hasn't appeared in one crappy movie, and I'll allow it to go to England.

Outlandos d'Amour

The greatest reunion tour of 2007 comes to New York this Friday, and I get to see it with my own eyes. I can just imagine them opening with "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," then leading into "Wrapped Around Your Finger" and "Roxanne." I'm sure they'll bring us all to tears with a long-overdue performance of "Every Breath You Take." That's right--Friday, I'll be seeing the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

I'm taking advantage of my short time as a Brooklynite. For example, tomorrow I will walk a mile and a half west to 316 Chauncey Street, a residence portrayed here:



I'm stoked. I bet that house looks like a dump.

No comments: