Monday, August 27, 2007

The True Tragedy of Comedy (a dialogue)

Hey Adam.
Hey Beast.
Great show last night. You're really on top of your game.
Gee, thanks.
Why so glum?
It's weird about standup. If I feel good, and then I have a good show, I feel awful afterward.
Weird.
And if I feel bad, and then I have a good show, I feel really good during the show, but I feel even worse afterward.
Gee whiz. You're so dark and mysterious, Adam Wilson.
But get this--if I feel good, and I have a really crappy show, somehow I feel better afterwards.
Hmm. Interesting.
And if I feel bad, and I have a really bad show, somehow I feel euphoric when it's all over.
Do you know how to use Excel?
Yeah. Why?
Because I'm going to need you to make a spreadsheet of everything you just said because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

No comments: