Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day I of a Week in the Land of Chabad Hasidism


הרבה יהודים מתו בכאן, אבל אף אחד לא מתקשר לזה מחנת ריכוז.
Well, I moved. I'm a Brooklynite for vii days. I live in Crown Heights, specifically, though some real estate agents would tell me Prospect Heights because of the inherent racism in real estate. I think all who know me know that racism absolutely disgusts me.

I'm staying in the old Jewish hospital, which was converted sometime in the 20th century to an apartment building, with the Beast and the Aquarius. I can already feel myself saving money. I was driven over here by a Yemeni named Sam who has absolutely no sense of nationalism ("Yemen, Saudi Arabia...is same thing."). The look on his face was priceless when he found out that I am moving to a building that was built by Jews.

No comments: