Monday, June 18, 2007

Une Expérience Spéciale

I saw Knocked Up for the second time yesterday (I didn't particularly want to see it again; it's just that everybody else wanted to see it, and I decided not to be an ass). There's the part where the Asian gynecologist says,


It can't be wrong to pray that this man gets a fatal blood clot.

"If you want a special experience, go to a fucking Jimmy Buffet concert." The first time I saw Knocked Up, the audience laughed hysterically at that line, as well they should have, but yesterday, I was the only one who laughed at it, and it was a rather high-pitched laugh that only annoyed everybody. It seemed, also, as if some people around me were offended by my laughing at the line. So I guess that the lesson to be learned is that if you knock Jimmy Buffet at the movies, you have a 50% chance of being hated.

Speaking of which, if you're at a table having pizza with people between the ages of 18 and 30, don't knock Mr. Show, because you will have a 100% chance of being hated. Apparently it is inherently wrong to not catch wood at this show.

If he weren't dead, Sir James Paul McCartney would have turned 65 today. I'm going to Strawberry Fields to hippie it up with Stephanie. Gimme a call if you're coming.

To honor the late Sir Paul, here are my top xiv most played Paul songs in my iTunes:


  1. Best Album: Run Devil Run

    "With a Little Help From My Friends"
  2. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
  3. "Getting Better"
  4. "Fixing a Hole"
  5. "All My Loving"
  6. "Eleanor Rigby"
  7. "You Never Give Me Your Money"
  8. "Fool on the Hill"
  9. "Carry That Weight"
  10. "I've Just Seen a Face"
  11. "For No One"
  12. "I'm Looking Through You"
  13. "I Want To Hold Your Hand"
  14. "We Can Work It Out"
Well done, Sir Paul. But screw you for coming back to life and being on Al and Tipper's side in those censorship hearings in the '80's. You're a dick.

No comments: