Sunday, June 17, 2007

Я - Зарегистрированный Коммунист

Politics (or rather, hearing anyone other than me talk about anything political ever ["freedom of speech" doesn't mean "freedom to have me listen to you"]) bore(s) me, so when I registered to vote in 1999, I registered as a Communist

Мой любимый Коммунист.

, the complete opposite of the average West Monroe voter. I figured it would be funny. What disappoints me is that no one hears this and finds it the least bit humorous; everyone is, to some degree, offended (for the record, I've never been a fan of Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик). Arthur Miller is writing an intentionally shitty play in his grave right now.

I just realized that I always have socks on. No matter what I do, if I'm not submerged in water, I have socks on. That's right--think of everything humans do. Think of anything humans do, like, with other humans. When I do those things, I'm wearing socks. Every time.


No comments: